Saturday, July 26, 2008

LETTERS IN THE WALL (Obama joins JoZ and others in an old tradition)






................................................ While Obama was in Israel he placed a letter containing a prayer in the "wailing Wall".

Following Jewish tradition, Obama donned a yarmulke and went to the Western Wall, Judaism's holiest site, where shortly before dawn on Thursday he stuffed his prayer into a crevass between the giant white stones, hewn over 2,000 years ago.

Traditionally such prayers, and there are over a million every year, some arriving by fax and email, are collected twice a year and buried on the Mount of Olives.

Although it is not usually proper to read such letters a yeshiva student pulled the note, handwritten on King David Hotel stationery, out of the Wall, and Ma'ariv published it.

It Reads:

"Lord, Protect my family and me. Forgive me my sins and help me guard against pride and despair. Give me the wisdom to do what is right and just. And make me an instrument of your will."

The Wall's rabbi, Shmuel Rabinovitz, said Friday that publication of the note violated Obama's privacy.

Since Obama's letter is now out I decided that it was time to now reveal my own letter sent to the city of Jerusalem by E-Mail

The E-Mail copy was placed in the cracks of “Wailing Wall” last summer (2007) by a friend who lives there and who admitted to being a bit fearful about doing it since at the time the level of potential violence in the old part of the city was quite high.

I wish to make it again clear that I although I am not a ZionIST I do respect my Hebrew brothers and sisters and although I am not a traditionalist I do enjoy taking part in some of the traditions of many faiths.

I believe in the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob but I believe this is the same God of many beliefs.. since there is only ONE GOD... and I call that God EL YHWH JEHOVAH ELOHIM yet some might better know Him as "LOVE"!

"LORD YHWH... WHOM I SERVE!
YOU ALONE ARE MY GOD AND I AM BUT A SERVANT TO YOU AND YOUR PEOPLE.
THANK YOU FATHER THAT YOU GUIDE AND DIRECT MY STEPS.
LET ME NOT STUMBLE BUT LEAD ME TO THE FULLNESS OF MY PURPOSE OF WHICH YOU DESIRE (whatsoever that may be).
MAY ALL WHO SEEK YOU BE BLESSED BY YOU AND MAY I SERVE YOU EACH MOMENT AS YOU WOULD HAVE ME TO SERVE YOU IN HELPING OTHERS FIND YOUR HEALING, KNOWLEDGE, PEACE AND LOVE.
PRAISE YOU AND PRAISE ALSO UNTO ZION... YOUR HOLY CITY AND TEMPLE!
selah...AMEN!
JESUS OF ZION
Now it shall come to pass in the latter days that the mountain of YHWH's house shall be established on the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow to it. Many people shall come and say, "Come, and let us go up to the mountain of YHWH, to the house of the God of Jacob; He will teach us His ways, and we shall walk in His paths." For out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of YHWH form Jerusalem. He shall judge between the nations, and shall rebuke many people; They shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks; Nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war anymore. Isaiah 2:2-4"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hqedolt csh vknkn threesome couples

nnxvn!

cwpqd ofcsyt gre huge boobs